Engineered Timber Flooring in Perth
Timber flooring has been used in homes and buildings for centuries. It has a universal appeal with unquestionable beauty and warmth and is a highly desired aesthetic when designing interiors. Today, advancements in manufacturing and technology have resulted in a revolutionary new type of timber flooring called Engineered Timber Flooring. As it’s still made from REAL natural timber, Engineered Timber Flooring has the same attractive aesthetic as natural hardwood flooring, but is more durable, affordable, and requires less installation time.
This method of manufacture results in an Engineered Timber Flooring that is resistant to shrinkage and expansion issues because it is manufactured with multiple layers. Engineered Flooring is far less susceptible to changes in humidity or temperature.
The profile of Engineered Timber Flooring comprises three distinct layers:
- Top layer made from 3-5mm of 100% REAL timber which is pre-finished in a factory with numerous coatings of UV Acrylic or UV Natural Oiled coatings. These coatings include a hardening additive that strengthens the finished product resulting in far greater durability.
- A multi-layered core consisting of high-density cross-ply.
- The back layer, to which the above layers are fused to in a process that uses extremely powerful and advanced heat-cured adhesive technology.
Engineered Timber Flooring can be easily installed by either professional or even home DIY enthusiasts. There is an extensive range of colours and finishes including everything from Australian Native species, to exotic overseas imported options. Engineered Timber Flooring comes pre-finished with thicknesses ranging between 12-20mm and available in a comprehensive range of lengths and width.
Installation of Engineered Timber flooring can be done by one of two ways. Either floated on an approved high-density acoustic underlay or stuck directly onto a suitable subfloor using premium quality moisture barrier membranes and adhesives. The Engineered Timber Flooring is available in either in patented Glueless Self Locking or Tongue and Groove Systems.
In summation, the advantages of Engineered Timber Flooring:
- As it’s engineered with multiple layers, it is more resistant to moisture and temperature changes, and less likely to suffer shrinkage or expansion than solid timber floors.
- It still benefits from the warmth and appeal of Timber as it still uses 100% Real Timber
- Manufactured using renewable timber in a far more sustainable way than solid timber flooring
- Pre Finished so no sanding or finishing required, so can be installed and walked on immediately.
- DIY friendly and can be installed either through Direct Stick or Floating installation.
- Comprehensive range of both Native Australian or Exotic imported timbers.
For all your Engineered Timber Flooring options, look no further than Timber Flooring Clearance Warehouse in Perth. Our dedicated and friendly team are highly knowledgeable in all aspects of Engineered Timber Flooring. They will happy to help you choose the most appropriate flooring option that meets you and your family ’s needs. At Timber Flooring Clearance Warehouse Perth we are able to offer our customers access to an extensive range of all the most established and high-quality Timber Flooring brands sold in Perth and Australia. Through our big container size buying power combined with Import Direct Pricing, we are able to offer arguably the BEST PRICES IN PERTH.